Tips for making a luxurious brew.
How to make your luxurious coffee
- To brew each mid-strength Mug of Malahide Village coffee to its ideal textural state, requires just two-three LEVEL dessert spoons of ground coffee, through either a filter apparatus or deposited into a plunger cafetiere / French press. Only half of that measure is required to make each Cup. (If in doubt, make it stronger….no army marches on brown water).
- When brewing in a French Press / Plunger / Cafetiere, allow to set for 2-3 mins ONLY.
- Fun Fact ; Allowing to set for 4 or more minutes increases the risk a situation called over-extraction, meaning that the primary flavours will have already exhausted from the grains, and you’re tipping your brew into the chemical space of acidity & increasing bitterness. (If you prefer for your brew to taste stronger, increase the volume of grain, but NOT the brewing time).
- We achieve the signature soft texture of our coffees by a process in which we sweat luxury cherries for an uncommonly long time, but NOT at a commonly high temperature. Very hot things kill !
- Boiling water Kills too … To make you ideal brew, a water temperature of 92-96 degrees is all that’s required for your coffee grains to bloom and release their flavour. The ceremony of making a luxury coffee is unquestionably worth the wait, so let that kettle go off the boil for a couple of minutes before brewing.
- You’ve conquered it when you’re indulging the few extra seconds of mouth-swirling, to savour the taste and texture of each sip of your brew. THAT is the difference between over-roasted fast coffee and the cosily smooth feelings evoked by Luxury coffee !
Instagram pages ;